Dementia Friendly Program
Businesses operating in the community often interact with individuals with Alzheimer’s or dementia. Bell Tower acknowledges that working with people with dementia can be challenging. We offer an in-person training program that will help you and your employees do business with these individuals more effectively while maintaining the respect and dignity of the customer.>
Why be a Dementia Friendly Business?
Employees will learn how to :
- Recognize customers that may be living with dementia
- Effectively interact with those individuals
- Be aware of the resources available
- Exhibit Good Customer Service
70% of the 110,000 individuals living with dementia in WI reside in their own homes
About the dementia friendly training
- 20-30 minute on-site training for all stuff
- Flexible to meet your busy schedule
- Resources for employees who are unable to attend
In the Dubuque area, 1 in 9 individuals age 65+ is estimated to have Alzheimer’s disease, meaning 10,000 area residents are affected. With only 50% getting a diagnosis, many fail to have access to services that can improve their quality of life.
Benefits for being a Dementia Friendly Business
- Receive Purple Angel Decal for your store front and website
- Opportunities for marketing with articles in the local newspaper, on social media, and in newsletters
In Illinois, one in every three seniors who pass away each year has Alzheimer’s or another dementia
Oops! We could not locate your form.